Warning Signs That Your Discounted Rate Might Not Be The Bargain You Were Looking For
Navigating the terms and conditions of your mortgage can be difficult, especially if you skip over the fine print that comes with your agreement. While the offered rate may appear discounted, the reality of the other terms may cost you significantly if you want to move or refinance your mortgage in the future. As your Alberta mortgage brokers, we'd like to point out two warning signs that your discounted rate may not be a bargain at all.
Your Discounted Rate and the Interest Rate Differential
The interest rate differential (IRD) is the difference between your original mortgage rate and the current interest rate that your bank will charge when
The Collateral Charge Loan
One way the banks make it easier to access more of your equity in the future is to register your financing as a collateral charge mortgage. While this may seem beneficial, when it comes time to refinance, you might be in for a terrible surprise. Collateral mortgages make it more costly and sometimes more difficult to switch lenders if your original bank won’t help you, and can also reduce the amount of equity you can access in your home since the amount they register on title is usually so high. There are still ways we can help you, so if you want to know what your options are, you need to speak with an expert.
Your Alberta mortgage brokers at Dominion Lending Centres in Edmonton don't want to see you get caught in a tough spot because of the terms
- What To Know About First-Time Home Buyer Loans
- What Documents Will You Need to Get a First-Time Home Buyer Mortgage?
- The Top Mistakes Potential Buyers Make in the First-Time Homeowner Buying Process
- How to Prepare for Getting a First-Time Home Buyer Loan
- How to Set Realistic Expectations of Your First-Time Home Buyer Mortgage
- Contact Us for More Information On Mortgage Broker Services