Dominion Mortgage Broker How A Mortgage Broker Can Help If You Are Self Employed
While being self-employed is the dream of many entrepreneurs, getting approved for a mortgage when you are a freelancer, independent contractor, or small business owner can be challenging. Unlike salaried employees, self-employed individuals require different documentation when proving their income to lenders.
The way a self-employed individual writes off expenses is better understood by some banks than others. Dominion mortgage brokers understand the difference between gross income and net income, and know which banks have better underwriting policies to help get you approved for a mortgage. Lenders use your net income to calculate your debt income ratio (how much of your income is used to pay debt). If this ratio is too high, there are different solutions that may work for you, such as expense add-backs or stated income products. This is where a Dominion Mortgage Broker comes in.
How a Dominion Mortgage Broker Can Help
A Dominion Mortgage Broker has access to a variety of lenders that may have less stringent borrowing rules — including banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and private lenders. Your Dominion Mortgage Broker will help you prepare the information you need to prove your income to these lenders to secure the best possible mortgage rate. Depending on the nature of your business, this information can include:
- Tax assessments and tax returns
- Bank statements
- Proof of business registration or incorporation
- Property tax statements
In many cases, a Dominion Mortgage Broker can help you secure a mortgage with a lower down payment and interest rate than you may be able to obtain on your own as a self-employed borrower.
Speak to a Dominion Mortgage Broker
If you're self-employed, you already understand the value of hiring a professional to get the job done. When you work with a Dominion Mortgage Broker, you can rest assured that your dream of home ownership is in expert hands. Contact us at our Edmonton office today for a free, no-obligation consultation.Request Mortgage Info
- Handle Your Mortgage Renewal Edmonton Like a Pro with the Help of a Mortgage Broker
- How Important is a Mortgage Broker When Buying Your First Home in Edmonton?
- The Impact of Debt to Income Ratio for a Mortgage and How to Overcome this Potential Barrier to Home Ownership
- How to Finance Improvements for Your House with a Home Renovation Loan
- How the New Lending Rules Affect Edmonton Home Buyers Qualifying for their First Mortgage
- Contact Us for More Information On Mortgage Broker Services